Monday, July 22, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge - Day 14

So while browsing the blogs I follow (mind you I am crazy behind on checking everyone's blogs out) I cam across this challenge hosted at Good Books and Good Wine and it sounded kind of fun.
 
 
Day 14 Post
 
Tell us your deal breakers.
 
It is very hard to break a deal for me, I am one of those readers who still has a very hard time putting a book down even when it is horrible.  I am getting better about it though, coming to the realization that I only have so much time to read and will only be able to read so many books. There are a few things that really make me put the breaks on; weak characters, if the characters don't have a solid personality and are constantly changing who they are I can't stand it; repeated plot lines, if it is the same story I read in the previous book by the author with only slightly different characters and setting, it makes me want to bash them over the head with their own book; repeatedly misusing a word, I understand that we all make mistakes but when you are constantly using reins when you should be using reigns it will eventually blow a blood vessel in my head.
 
So those are the things that I have come across so far that have made me put a book down without finishing it. So please know your characters really well before putting their story out there (and stick to who they are), come up with a unique story for each of the books in the series, and edit, edit, edit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment