Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pen to Paper - Update

 
As some of you may recall that I made a New Year's resolution to send a hand written letter to a friend and loved one each month.  I haven't stuck to my resolution as well as I had wanted but I have managed to send a bunch of letters and small gifts out this last month.
 
 
I have been keeping in touch with a couple of my fellow Ink Readers and have been debating adding more regular pen pals, but I want to make sure I can keep up with my responses.  I encourage you guys to join! It is so much fun getting mail and exchanging book titles, sharing our woes and joys of reading with each other in a more personal way.
 
I also sent out a letter to a cousin of mine who is currently taking courses and volunteering in Ghana.  He is such an inspiration and has been donating his time to the children.  I sent him a small gift of some of Nate's clothes and toys and some candies for those kids.  I hope that the package arrives soon before his time over there ends.
 
I also sent a letter to a dear friend of mine over seas, she is one of the friends I have made through the pony collecting sites.  I may have never met her in person but she has become one of my dearest friends.
 
I also sent a quick card to one of my fellow book bloggers whom I haven't seen much activity from lately.  I hope that she received the card and it brightened her day a little :)
 
And finally just this last weekend I sent a letter to one of my grandmothers.  She is legally blind and needs a giant magnifying glass reader thing to see so I had to type it (my handwriting is barely legible on the good days).  I had not been able to call on her birthday (I believe it was her 75 or 76) so I decided to send a letter and a bunch of new pictures of the Munchkin, she should be receiving them today :D
 
 
I have a few more letters and small packages to send out in the next couple of weeks, and was very excited to get a letter back from one of my pen pals this weekend! Keep your eyes on your mail box, maybe you will be next!  Please feel free to email me if you would like to receive a letter or card or would even like to become a regular pen pal!!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea. I don't know if I could manage a schedule, but I really want to make more of an effort to write to people and mail out cards and letters more. I always got a great feeling when getting things like that in the mail, and I'd love to give that feeling to a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than that feeling of having someone think of you and take time out of their busy day to actually sit down and write a note or letter instead of sending off a quick email.

      Delete