Thursday, February 21, 2013

After Dark Review of The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst


Welcome to a month of Lust and Love!!
I will be sharing a variety of books with you all surrounding the theme of lust, love and all that lies between. I will have some sweet romances, some childrens love books, and of course plenty of After Dark Steam for all different tastes! Hope you will all stop in and join me!
 
I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 


Synopsis: "Carina Conte has had a crush on her brother Michael’s best friend, Max Gray, since she was a teenager. Now she’s earned her MBA and come to work at Michael’s new venture, America’s fastest-growing bakery empire. But some things never change: her family still treats her like a child. With three drop-dead gorgeous siblings, she’s still the ugly duckling of the bunch. And Max, the company’s new CEO, still barely notices her.

Max knows Carina Conte is strictly off limits. But hot-blooded lust wins out at a conference when the two share a scorching one-night stand—and are busted by her mother! Now, forced by old-world Italian tradition into a marriage he’s not ready for, Max is miserable—and Carina is furious. Her new husband is about to realize that hell hath no fury like a woman transformed…."


My Review: Another great story in the series. I absolutely love Carina, she is so spunky and true to herself. I could really see myself being friends with Carina. I thought Max was a little self absorbed but that is his character. The descriptions Probst gives makes me want to see things for myself, especially Carina's artwork! I also love how Probst integrates rescue animals into all her stories, really hits a soft spot for me. While the story itself isn't my favorite of the series, next to Michael, Carina is my favorite of all the characters. Oh and Mama Conte boy does she have everything figured out and you wouldn't expect a sweet little Italian momma to be so manipulative, I loved it!
 
My Rating: I enjoyed Carina and the story line of this one but it wasn't my favorite of the series, I guess my love of Michael just overshadowed it.  I still have to give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment