Wednesday, February 6, 2013

After Dark Review of Lean on Me by Cherise Sinclair

Welcome to a month of Lust and Love!!
I will be sharing a variety of books with you all surrounding the theme of lust, love and all that lies between. I will have some sweet romances, some childrens love books, and of course plenty of After Dark Steam for all different tastes! Hope you will all stop in and join me!


 
I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)



Synopsis: "Andrea wants to submit, but not to just any so-called Dom. He has to be tougher than the slum-bred bullies she grew up with. She'd given up finding a true Dom when her friend finagles her a place as a trainee in an exclusive BDSM club with the powerful Shadowlands Masters. Andrea's thrilled...and terrified.

Forced to accept an unknown submissive into his carefully run trainee program, Master Cullen is furious. Not only is the young woman new to BDSM, but she's unsuited to her role--armoured in leather like a Domme, she's more liable to punch a Dom than kneel. He decides to push her right back out the door. But as he ruthlessly intimidates her, punishes her, then comforts her, his glimpses of the woman inside the emotional armour intrigue him and her utter surrender captures his heart.

Although Master Cullen is famous for his unfettered lifestyle, Andrea believes he might be interested in her, until she discovers he's not just a bartender--he's a cop. Maybe he'd overlook her past brush with the law, but when another trainee accuses her of stealing money, Andrea's sure she's lost the Master she wanted with all her heart.

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual content, graphic language, and situations that some readers may find objectionable: BDSM theme and content (includes/not limited to: bondage, spanking, tethering), voyeurism."


My Review: This is probably my favorite of the Shadowlands series so far! I thought I loved Cullen in Breaking Free, but I really love him now! Andrea sounds like she has a personality so like me, determined to be strong enough to handle everything on her own. I really enjoyed watching their relationship develop on so many levels. And you must read the end how Master Cullen teaches Andrea a lesson! Again this was a fully developed story that had so much more than BDSM,it also included backstories, family and social situations. I am really getting into this series now, thank goodness there are at least two more books!

My Rating: I loved this book in the series, not only because I love Cullen but also because I really felt a connection with Andrea and her personality. I loved the more developed stories as the series progresses and how characters for each story are introduced in the previous book so you get a feel for them. I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment