Sunday, December 23, 2012

Advent Stories Day #23: The Gift of Hope

Welcome to the Advent Story event I am having here on Eastern Sunset Reads this Christmas season.
Every family has their own personal Holiday traditions, and many of them include those advent calendars that have the little chocolates or toys behind each door as you count to Christmas Day. Well in my family we had a Advent Candle instead. Each night we would light the candle and as it burned that day away we would read a special Christmas story or poem. So I decided to bring that tradition to all of you.
Most of the books will be Children's books as I share this tradition with Munchkin for the first time, but I will also have some After Dark specials and maybe a few fiction, romance and young adult books too as time allows. I will also feature a favorite Christmas song each day. So please join me and share some of your favorite traditions, songs and stories this holiday season!
 
 
 

Synopsis: "Children's librarian Hope Randall has her hands full during the holiday season. She's directing the Christmas pageant, supervising the decorating of her small-town Iowa church, and hiding her growing feelings for widowed minister Noah Langdon.

Noah, who's struggling to be both mother and father to his young daughter, is afraid to love again. Will Hope be able to give him the gift of hope this Christmas?"


My Review: This was a lovely short story romance. It is very religious, based entirely around a minister, a Christmas Pageant and the church. I really enjoyed the characters and would love the chance to get to know some of them a little more. I think Noah has a lot more of a story to share (this is a Novella so I will have to check out the other books by Hanson). The story features a lot of patience, friends, and not leaving anyone to be alone on Christmas.
My Rating: I enjoyed this story, and it was nice and short but still full of great characters.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment