Thursday, November 22, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #7 - Music Heals All Hearts


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the seventh readalong of the month! This short story in the book is call Music Heals All Hearts and is written by Laurie Sorensen.


In Music Heals All Hearts we find a gentleman playing guitar and singing a song he composed in a hospital to cheer up patients when a woman comes in with severe chemical burns on her face.  His song seems to calm her so he returns daily to play for her while her face is bandaged and healing. They spend many hours a day together and slowly develop a relationship, however each is fearful of how the other will see them with their scars. Neither had to worry about it because they were both able to see past the outward scarring to the beauty of their hearts.  The song that he composed and played for her on her first night in the hospital was played on their wedding day!



So I ask what is your ultimate love song? Or what song do you want/ was played at your wedding?


There are so many love songs that I adore but the one that played at my wedding was John Michael Montgomery's 'I Swear'
 

 
 
But I will never forget that the first song my hubby tried to woo me with was 'Angel' by Shaggy (not exactly appropriate for a wedding or it would have been played)
 
 

 
 
Monday's story will be Punk Rock 101!
 
 
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans!

No comments:

Post a Comment