Monday, November 19, 2012

Music Speaks Read-Along #6 - Playlist


 

Throughout November I will be doing a read along of Music Speaks an anthology of stories with music. I hope you will all participate.  Music, like books, can affect us in so many ways it only makes sense to have a book of music stories. I will be doing 2 stories a week, the first of which will be on Thursday. 

You can get your copy in ebook format on Amazon for $2.99 or in paperback format on Amazon for $6.99.  Sorry but its not on Barnes and Noble (I should have told you all to get it earlier because I downloaded it when it was free).

So please join me, if you aren't going to be reading along I would still love if you would stop by, I would love to hear how particular songs or artist have made an impact in your life!


Welcome to the next read along of the month! Today's short story in the book is call Playlist and is written by James Clark.


In Playlist we are riding along with a man who has been enjoying the advance on his novel a little too much with his publicist/girlfriend. There has been a series of parties involving drugs and alcohol and some very spendy purchases.  On his way to get coffee after another party he begins to re-evaluate his life.  His car's radio decides to chime in on the subject.  In a Christine like way, the car begins to switch stations to answer his questions and give a soundtrack to his thoughts.


So have you had that happen? Where a song suddenly comes on, echoing your thoughts or seeming to answer a question rolling around in your mind?

I can't pin point a time when this has happened but I know that I have been humming a tune and when I turn on the radio that exact song has been playing, creepy!


Join me on Thursday for Music Heals All Hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment