Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday Writing

So Wednesday is my official writing update day. I have so many story projects going on and I need a push to get some done. So I will be trying to post each Wednesday about how my writing adventures are going (and I may need a swift kick in the pants by you guys sometimes).





Current Active Project:

The Last Mountains - 13,468 (handwritten)

A equine shapeshifting family is being hunted to near extinction and the young new leader must go against all her lessons and approach the elite council for aide. Will they help her? How will she keep her family's traditions and values alive, let alone her herd?




Other Works in Progress:

The New Old Home - 17,193 words

Everyone dreams of winning the lottery, but what would you do with that money? That is the question presented to Natalie, when she is at the lowest point in her life, she is presented with an opportunity to make any normal person's dreams come true, but all those winnings can't give her what she wants most.

Tamlyn Marie's Grace - 12,072 words
Think Cinderella only with a matchmaker ;)


Princess Bs - 32,131 words
A story about a woman, recently divorced and returned to her home town to figure out what is next. She encounters an old friend and spends a weekend with him and his daughters. Feelings that are long since buried are rising up again, but are her recent loss and his current life going to stand in the way of their happily ever after?


Night Rider - 17,229

Alice is a recent high school graduate who is a very accomplished competitive rider in Hunter/Jumper, Dressage, and Western/Rodeo. Her parents had arranged for her to attend a private college on the east coast geared specifically to equine professions. However, Alice wants to focus on her studies in English Literature. When she arrives at the college she hides her riding abilities, but can she keep her talent and love of horses hidden?





Other Ideas Plotting:


Bloodsoar's Story
A pegasus struggles through life, ejected from the herd, near capture by humans.

The Assassin's Assassin
A student learns what the school is really teaching and sets out to destroy those who support the program.


Angel Story
Angels battle out an age old feud in a parallel world



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, with short weeks, training at the office, and still working on the big accounting project I haven't had too much time to write, but I do have a little update for you :D
 
Working on Last Mountains, I am around 20 pages behind on typing so I put up the handwritten word count.  When I type I elaborate a little and it ends up being around 1,000 or 2,000 (or more) extra words.  Also, when I originally started working on this one back a year or two ago for Nanowrimo I had outlined part of the story and even did a phase outline, but guess what, I have completely caught up to my outlines so I will need to add to both the outlines.  
 
I also started looking over Tamlyn Marie's Grace, and sadly I cannot find where I saved this story.  Thank goodness it was another story that I have handwritten! So I need to pull out the two notebooks (yes 2 whole notebooks) and start reading through to figure out where I am in the story and hopefully plan a conclusion soon.
 
Of course I will be on vacation next week but I am hoping to get some work on my writing done (in addition to reading and more craft projects).  I would like to at least be caught up with the typing on Last Mountains and have another 20 or so outline phases done so when I come back to work I can write some more.  I also hope to at least have a plan of where I am going with Tamlyn Marie's Grace and maybe some typed up too, we will have to see what I can get done!
 
Soo many ideas and inspiration, so little time!  Hope you all find the time to get your inspirations down!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear all the writing news! I can't believe how much you got done, and now you need to outline more, that's just so awesome. And I can't believe you've handwritten so much. :O My hand gets a cramp when I write a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it feels so good to see some progress being made! Thank goodness I don't handwrite everything, it just depends on where inspiration strikes and what I have access to at the time.

      Delete
  2. It amazes me that you write by hand. My hand hurts writing a shopping list!

    Have fun on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh believe me I have to take a lot of breaks, especially since for some reason I like to write with ball point pen or pencil, but it feels so worth it seeing the ink flow from the pen :D

      Thanks!

      Delete