Thursday, June 7, 2012

Recipe for Chile-rubbed Pork with Corn Salsa



So I know this is a little out of the norm, but this is one of my favorite recipes! I made it last night and it was so good (yet again) that I had to share it with you.


Ingredients:

Pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
Salt & Pepper (I use sea salt and fresh ground pepper)
Ancho Chile powder - 2 teaspoons
Fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels - 1 cup (I use low sodium canned corn)
Ground Cumin - 3/4 teaspoon
Yellow Onion - 1 small, chopped
Tomato - 1 large, seeded and chopped
Lime Juice - from 1 lime
Fresh Cilantro - 3 Tablespoons, chopped


Directions:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. 

Rub pork with 1 tablespoon of oil and season generously with salt, pepper and the chile powder.

In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over med-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides (about 5 minutes total).  Transfer pork to roasting pan, but keep the drippings in the frying pan.

Roast pork loin until center registers 145 - 150 degrees F (meat should be barely pink in the center), about 15-20 minutes.

Transfer pork to carving board and tent with foil, let stand for 10 minutes. (trust me its worth the wait)


While pork is resting, add the corn & cumin to the frying pan (you left the drippings right?!) and put over med-high heat.

Cook, stirring until corn is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.

Remove from heat and add onion, tomato, lime juice and cilantro (I prefer to add all but the lime juice while still on the heat to soften a little).  Season with salt & pepper.

Cut pork loin in thin slices and serve with the warm salsa!

Trust me this is a tasty and easy recipe and it comes out perfect every time.  Oh and did I mention its actually somewhat healthy (unlike my biscuits and gravy).



ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment