Wednesday, October 12, 2011

After Dark Review of Dragon Actually by G.A. Aiken

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)


Synopsis: "It's not always easy being a female warrior with a nickname like Annwyl the Bloody. Men tend to either cower in fear-a lot-or else salute. It's true that Annwyl has a knack for decapitating legions of her ruthless brother's soldiers without pausing for breath. But just once it would be nice to be able to really talk to a man, the way she can talk to Fearghus the Destroyer. Too bad that Fearghus is a dragon, of the large, scaly, and deadly type. With him, Annwyl feels safe-a far cry from the feelings aroused by the hard-bodied, arrogant knight Fearghus has arranged to help train her for battle. With her days spent fighting a man who fills her with fierce, heady desire, and her nights spent in the company of a magical creature who could smite a village just by exhaling, Annwyl is sure life couldn't get any stranger. She's wrong? And just wait until you meet the rest of the family?"

My Review: A fantastic start to a series! I love Annwyl's brutalness, talk about your ultimate heroine and strong woman character. I really enjoyed the story line and how everything plays out, you know whats coming but you don't know until it happens how it will play out. It is also a fun change from the more used wolf and cat shapeshifter paranormal books, the dragons and the fantasy elements are great. Like I said its a great start to a series and I look forward to reading more books in the series.

My Rating: I love dragons, and dragons who turn into smoking hot knights, Oh My! I give this book a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment