Thursday, October 13, 2011

After Dark Review of About A Dragon by G.A. Aiken

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)



Synopsis: "For Nolwenn witch Talaith, a bad day begins with being dragged from bed by an angry mob intent on her crispy end and culminates in rescue by - wait for it - a silver maned dragon. Existence as a hated outcast is nothing new for a woman with such powerful secrets. The dragon, though? A tad unusual. This one has a human form to die for, and knows it.According to dragon law, Talaith is now his property, for pleasure...Or otherwise. But if Lord Arrogance thinks she's the kind of damsel to acquiesce without a word, he's in for a surprise...Is the woman never silent? Briec the Mighty knew the moment he laid eyes on Talaith that she would be his, but he'd counted on tongue-lashings of an altogether different sort. It's embarrassing, really, that it isn't this outspoken female's magicks that have the realm's greatest dragon in her thrall. No, Briec has been spellbound by something altogether different - and if he doesn't tread carefully, what he doesn't know about human women could well be the undoing of his entire race...

My Review: About a Dragon was even more entertaining than the first book in the series. I love the arguing and the banter between Talaith and Briec. But truth be told I fell in loved with Eibhear even though he was a sub character in development for later in the series. It was definitely an interesting turn of events to involve the gods and add some conflict, and there is some definite foreshadowing to more danger and adventures for more books!

My Rating: A great follow up to Dragon Actually, and leads me to the next books in the series without hesitation. I give it a rating of Three Paws and Stump Wag!

2 comments:

  1. This series sounds kind of interesting but I have to roll my eyes at the covers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series but I honestly don't think you would enjoy it. If I remember correctly you do not enjoy a lot of sex scenes, and this series is loaded with them.

    ReplyDelete