Friday, October 21, 2011

After Dark Book Review of Last Dragon Standing by G.A. Aiken

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)


Um check out that cover! Yummy! I have this thing with shoulders and backs, add a sword and I am swooning!

Synopsis: "I know what they see when they look at me. The charming, soft-spoken dragoness bred from the most powerful of royal bloodlines. A disguise stronger than any battle shield that allows me to keep all suitors at tail's length. A technique that's worked until him. Until Ragnar the Cunning, handsome barbarian warlord and warrior mage from the desolate Northlands. Unlike those who've come before him, he does not simply submit to my astounding charm and devastating smile. Instead, he dismisses me as vapid, useless and, to my great annoyance, rather stupid!

Yet I'll allow no male to dismiss me. Soon he'll learn my worth, my many skills, and the strength of my will. For this one challenges me enough to make me want to ruthlessly taunt him, tease him and, finally, when the trap is set, bring him to his knees."


My Review: I admit, not my favorite book of the series, but it was still entertaining. It felt like a book to gear up to the next, there is no real conclusion. I am less of a fan of Keita than Gwenvael, but I adore Ragnar! We also met a new character, Ren, not really sure what to think of him. Of course we still got some time with all the other previous characters and I still absolutely love Eibhear! The babies have me very curious, wondering what they are planning and how they will turn out. While this wasn't my favorite book, it still leads me to read the next one!        

My Rating: I was actually able to put this one down over an entire weekend so I give it a rating of Two Paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment