Monday, December 5, 2022

Advent Reads Day 5: A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig & Illustrated by Chris Mould

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Synopsis: "You are about to read the true story of Father Christmas.
It is a story that proves that nothing is impossible.
If you are one of those people who believe that some things are impossible, you should put this book down right away. It is most certainly not for you.
Because this book is FULL of impossible things.

Are you still reading?

Good.

Then let us begin . . .

A Boy Called Christmas is a tale of adventure, snow, kidnapping, elves, more snow, and an eleven-year-old boy called Nikolas, who isn't afraid to believe in magic."


My Review: I know, can you believe that I hadn't read this book until this year?! I don't know why I kept putting this one off, but it was definitely perfect timing to read with Munchkin this year. Even though he is no longer a believer, this was still a magical book to read together. Nikolas has quite an adventure in this book and it creates quite the backstory to the Santa we all know. With so many quirky characters, plenty of action and lots of magical happenings, it just keeps the pages flowing.


My Rating: We really enjoyed this book and I am so glad that I waited to experience it the first time with my son. This is definitely a fun book to read as a family of both believers and nonbelievers. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!





1 comment:

  1. Is the Netflix show based on this book? My kids would probably like this. I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete