Saturday, December 4, 2021

Advent Reads Day 4: Christmas and Cannolis by Peggy Jaeger

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!



Synopsis: "With Christmas season in full swing, baker Regina San Valentino is up to her elbows in cake batter and cookie dough. Between running her own business, filling her bursting holiday order book, and managing her crazy Italian family, she's got no time to relax, no room for more custom cake orders, and no desire to find love. A failed marriage and a personal tragedy have convinced her she's better off alone. Then a handsome stranger enters her bakery begging for help. Regina can't find it in her heart to refuse him.

Connor Gilhooly is in a bind. He needs a specialty cake for an upcoming fundraiser and puts himself—and his company's reputation—in Regina's capable hands. What he doesn't plan on is falling for a woman with heartbreak in her eyes or dealing with a wise-guy father and a disapproving family.

Can Regina lay her past to rest and trust the man who's awoken her heart?"


My Review: I have had this book waiting for a couple of years now, but I am glad I finally got around to picking it up. I absolutely loved the family dynamics in this book, the love the family has for one another is definitely shown in their own unique but very real way. It was a bit more heavy emotionally than I was expecting but the family and the steam between Regina and Connor kept it from going too far. It was a great holiday ready full of the busy season stress, the chilly snowy days, delicious family dinners and lots of happy feel good moments.

My Rating: This was a book that definitely highlights the family dynamics of a conservative Italian family, full of love for each other but a bit meddling. While it was a bit predictable as to how it would all come together, it was still a very enjoyable ride and I adored Regina and Connor.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.





No comments:

Post a Comment