Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Advent Reads Day 14: The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay

 Welcome to Advent Reads!

This is an event I have had on my blog for several years running now.  Each evening I feature a different holiday themed book. Think of it as your Book Advent Calendar! I post a variety of holiday books including romance, children's, middle-grade, mystery, paranormal, and I try to find some that are other holiday celebrations than Christmas too. I hope you will stop by each evening to see what new book I have for you!


Synopsis: "All he wants for Christmas...

The second Joaquin Solis saw Savannah Wilson, he knew she was destined to be his wife. Unfortunately, Savannah's sights are set on a happily-ever-after of another kind: skewering the boss who got her fired. Until then, she won't act on the scorching sexual chemistry that is brewing between them, leaving Joaquin scrambling to find a way to capture her heart.

When the opportunity arises to use his ranch to boost Savannah's publicity career, Joaquin doesn't hesitate to invite her into his world at Shadow Pines and woo her with all of his Christmas loving mojo. It's a gamble since the holidays aren't really Savannah's thing and helping her might also mean losing her as she plans to shake the dust off of their quaint town in North Carolina and head back to New York City the first chance she gets.

But Joaquin believes in the magic of Christmas and he knows with a little help from his friends at the Happily Ever After Bookstore, he can convince the woman of his dreams that he's a keeper.."


My Review: Jenn McKinlay has quickly become an auto-buy author for me but I have been holding out on this book until it was Christmas, so I was finally able to pick it up. Unfortunately, that didn't work out so much in my favor, I forgot a lot of the characters from the first book and had a bit of a struggle getting back into it and familiar with everyone again. With that said, I absolutely fell in love with Joaquin, he is fun, he is sweet but still can banter with the best and is so darn handsome, and he has horses! Honestly, Savannah didn't stand a chance. I adored the back and forth between them and the way they work together even when they didn't want to. The little side stories also add a lot to it and makes me really hope for more books in this series!

My Rating: If you are a lover of romance books in particular, not only does this have a romance in it but it is also set in a romance bookstore and it has some great little tidbits for us fans.  I really enjoyed this one, it is a little longer and more filled out than the usual Christmas book and I highly recommend reading the first book right before jumping into this one.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!




2 comments:

  1. Bookstore settings are always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, I wish I could spend more time in used bookstores! Definitely check out the series if you are interested in a romance set in a romance bookstore ;)

      Delete