Boy did July fly by like crazy! I can't believe how quickly this year is suddenly flying. After many years of working on the house every spare minute, we have taken full advantage of the freedom of finishing; we have taken many local short vacations to rest and relax. Unfortunately those vacations tend to not allow for much reading. I have managed to squeeze in more reading with audio books and the library reading challenge allowing adults to participate has really pushed me to read even more.
We will start with my main challenge this year . . .
TBR Books Read:
Again, not quite the 5 book monthly goal but 3 books read off that old TBR
And DNFed one other
2021 Books added to TBR & Read:
I did so much better this month with limiting my purchases, I only picked up 3 new books and managed to read all of them this month! ( I also unhauled 2 books that I just didn't see myself getting to anywhere in the near future).
Woohoo! I think this is the first time every I have read every book I purchased in that month!! This is really something for me to be excited about!
In other reading I am tracking this year, I read . . .
Goal: Re-read 15 books
Goal: Borrow 30 books
19. Broke Down
20. Buying Charlotte
21. Knocked Up
22. Whiskey in a Teacup
Books Over 500 Pages:
Goal: 10 books
9. Buying Charlotte (809)
10. The Summer Dragon (512)
24. Paws & Prejudice (Direct/Netgalley)
25. All Together Now (Netgalley)
26. Half Sick of Shadows (Netgalley)
27. Max Meow: Donuts & Danger (Netgalley)
I read a total of 20 books this month
2,909 pages read and 4 days, 1 hour and 27 minute of listening
*** I have not been able to keep up with my reading stats, these are the numbers as of the end of February. Maybe at some point I will get around to calculating but honestly, I am not minding not knowing exactly the pages read and hours listened ***
Resolutions Check in:
1. Read that TBR: I am still not meeting my 5 book a month goal but I am so close, I might just have to drop my goal down to 4 a month instead - CHECK
2. Re-Read More: I haven't re-read any books this month but have one in progress and will be starting a series binge this week - :/
3. Purchase Less & Read More: I actually managed to only purchase 3 books this month and I read them all! - CHECK
4. Keep Trying New Genres/Authors: I have been picking up new authors and trying books that I have heard a lot of hype around. - CHECK
Last month I wanted to read 4 TBR books, 4 New additions and more requested reviews and I actually did a pretty good job of that. I think that was a pretty nice balanced reading list and I am going to shoot for that again this month
For TBR books:
Sorrowland *Currently Reading
First 5 Books in The Queen's Thief Series
Local Star *Currently reading
Twelve *Currently Reading
I really am trying to get more posts up and a little more regularly but it has been difficult with all the traveling we have done in the past month! We went away 3 times in the past month and have another 2 long weekend getaways planned. So while I want to get more posts up for you, it may all have to wait another month. The good news is that I am nearly caught up on requested reviews and can start sharing other posts soon!
I hope you are all finding yourselves on great adventures in your books!
Post a Comment