Saturday, August 14, 2021

Graphic Novel Review of Herding Cats by Sarah Andersen

 

Read for: Borrowed Books/ Graphic Novels

Synopsis: "Adjusting to life as a world-famous cartoonist isn't easy. Terrifying deadlines, piles of junk-food wrappers under a glowing computer screen, and an ever-growing horde of pets....umm, never mind--it's pretty much the same.

With characteristic wit and charm, Sarah Andersen's third collection of comics and illustrated personal essays offers a survival guide for frantic modern life: from the importance of avoiding morning people, to Internet troll defense 101, to the not-so-life-changing futility of tidying up. But when all else fails and the world around you is collapsing, make a hot chocolate, count the days until Halloween, and snuggle up next to your furry beacon of hope."

My Review: I saw this sitting at the library just begging to be read. I got some giggles out of this one. It was so relatable, I actually had to check the publishing date because it seemed to be written with the lockdowns specifically in mind but low and behold it came out 2 years before. I love Sarah's art style and the quirky personality behind the comics. I also like the bit at the end encouraging emerging artist to keep at their craft even when they get discouraged. It was a nice uplifting bit to end the book.

My Rating: Talk about a book finding you at just the right time! While it wasn't about the lockdown or the insanity it has prompted, it definitely worked to get me out of a bit of a funk.  I will forever highly recommend this book if you are ever feeling down or discouraged. I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment