Saturday, August 8, 2020

Date Night with a Book: Flirtasaurus by Erin Mallon

 Date Night with a book is the new After Dark series of posts on my blog, books posted for Date Nights contain Adult  Romance themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for Date Night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)

Read for: Anticipated Release/ Recently Added/ Audio Book


Synopsis: "My name is Calliope and "I bone for a living." Kidding. I am studying to be a paleontologist though. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to be, and I have finally landed the perfect museum internship to make all of my dino-loving dreams come true.


Trouble is, everyone wants me to be a gentle, loving sort of creature, but I'm more of the T-Rex type by nature - the kind who is determined to stomp and tear her way through any obstacle in order to get what she wants.

But when a sexy, rumbly-voiced astronomer plummets into my orbit and threatens to break open my hard little heart, my career and my whole way of looking at the world is suddenly on the line.

The dinosaurs didn't see their asteroid coming.

And I sure as hell wasn't prepared for mine."

My Review: Well, I don't think I have ever had a book make me laugh this hard! With that said, it is not going to be for everyone. This is definitely an adult themed book with lots of cursing, sex scenes and more adult themes throughout. There is definitely opportunity for some readers to find some things offensive in it but again, this is a work of fiction that is meant to have a bit of a comedy of error humor to it. I loved Calliope, she was determined and confident but had a bit of an immaturity to her that screams early 20s first real job. Her lack of humor and narrating of the story just got me. The banter between her and Ralph for the most of the book was epic. Normally characters like Ralph would irritate me, just being a little too perfect to imagine being real, but he was necessary to balance out the over the top Calli. Like I said, this book made me laugh like crazy, and it was just what I needed. It was short, fast and completely entertaining. The author also narrates the books and I highly recommend because she puts the spin and emphasis on the parts that she intended to give it that extra dose of humor. I am really looking forward to more books in this series!

My Rating: You kind of know what is coming with this book, but getting there is just so funny. I laughed so hard my son started to get worried because he has never heard that level of full gut busting laughter. I was thoroughly entertained and couldn't stop reading. I give it a rating of Four Paws!


No comments:

Post a Comment