Saturday, May 16, 2020

Date Night with a Book: The Worst Best Man by Mia Sosa

Date Night with a book is the new After Dark series of posts on my blog, books posted for Date Nights contain Adult  Romance themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for Date Night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)

Read for: Recently Added/ Anticipated Release

Synopsis: "Critically acclaimed author Mia Sosa delivers a sassy, steamy enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy about a woman whose new job requires her to work side-by-side with the best man who ruined her wedding: her ex-fiancé's infuriating, irritating, annoyingly handsome brother. Perfect for fans of Jasmine Guillory, Helen Hoang, and Sally Thorne!

A wedding planner left at the altar. Yeah, the irony isn’t lost on Carolina Santos, either. But despite that embarrassing blip from her past, Lina’s managed to make other people’s dreams come true as a top-tier wedding coordinator in DC. After impressing an influential guest, she’s offered an opportunity that could change her life. There’s just one hitch… she has to collaborate with the best (make that worst) man from her own failed nuptials.

Tired of living in his older brother’s shadow, marketing expert Max Hartley is determined to make his mark with a coveted hotel client looking to expand its brand. Then he learns he’ll be working with his brother’s whip-smart, stunning—absolutely off-limits—ex-fiancée. And she loathes him.

If they can survive the next few weeks and nail their presentation without killing each other, they’ll both come out ahead. Except Max has been public enemy number one ever since he encouraged his brother to jilt the bride, and Lina’s ready to dish out a little payback of her own.

But even the best laid plans can go awry, and soon Lina and Max discover animosity may not be the only emotion creating sparks between them. Still, this star-crossed couple can never be more than temporary playmates because Lina isn’t interested in falling in love and Max refuses to play runner-up to his brother ever again..."


My Review: I wasn't too sure how this book would go, I haven't read any jilted bride books before. I am glad that I listened to the audio book while reading the print because there are a lot of words I needed pronunciations on, names of Brazilian food and names. It was a bit of a rocky start for me but I pushed through the first few chapters and ended up falling in love with the characters and the story. Lina is a strong female character, all business and can stand on her own two feet, and Max is a strong (but softie on the inside) male character that is just the right counterbalance to Lina. They had me laughing with all their banter and awkward situations. It was fun and quirky, but still had the emotional punches I like in my romances.


My Rating: It took me a bit to get into it but I ended up really enjoying this one, I loved both the main characters, but the side characters also really shined! I give this one a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment