Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Review of The Library of Ever by Zeno Alexander

Read for: Middle Grade March/ Recent Addition

Synopsis: "With her parents off traveling the globe, Lenora is bored, bored, bored--until she discovers a secret doorway in the library and becomes its newly appointed Fourth Assistant Apprentice Librarian.

In her new job, Lenora finds herself helping future civilizations figure out the date, relocates lost penguins, uncovers the city with the longest name on Earth, and more in a quest to help patrons. But there are sinister forces at work that want to destroy all knowledge. To save the library, Lenora will have to test her limits and uncover secrets hidden among its shelves."

My Review: I was on the hunt for a book about books for the Middle Grade March challenge and came across this book. I really enjoyed this one! This was what I dreamed would happen when I was a young reader hiding in the library, that I would find a secret passage into an even bigger library. And of course to become a librarian. I never expected to be able to follow Lenora on so many different adventures. The unique ways the Library of Ever works makes for some fun solutions to some crazy problems. It had such a fun cast of characters to meet along the way. It was a pretty easy read and would be great for those just getting into Middle Grade books.

My Rating: This was a fun and easy book to read but quite the adventure.  It is perfect for young and old library and book lovers alike.  I really hope there are more books in the series coming out soon! I give it a rating of Four Paws!



No comments:

Post a Comment