Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday Reading List


It is Monday again, and time to update with what I read last week, what I am currently reading and what to look forward to next week.


Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

The Snow Bear by Holly Webb
Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire
Bon Voyage, Mister Rodriguez  by Christiane Duchesne (Bedtime Story)
They Called Us Enemy by by George Takei, Justin Eisinger, Steven Scott & Illustrated by Harmony Becker (Graphic Novel)


 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Come Tumbling Down
A Plague of Giants
Bon Voyage, Mister Rodriguez
I'll Never Get All of That Done
The Drum Beats Within Us
Nils: The Tree of Life
Finding Her Dragons
Mister Black


Currently Reading:
The Very, Very Far North by Dan Bar-el - Print - on page 36 of 265
The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannon - Audio/Print - on page 260 of 417



Pages Read/ Time Listened
41:26 Hours Listened (22:15 listened this week)
1,601 Pages Read (861 this week)

Books Added to Shelves Recently: TBR
The Drum that Beats Within Us - READ
A Heart so Fierce and Broken
Nameless Queen - READ


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This was a really fantastic reading week for me, one of the best I have had in a while.  Hubby and I are finally starting to settle into a bit of a routine at nights after so many years of him working nights and me having them to myself. Now we spend one or two nights a week watching something on TV, one night a week I listen to audiobooks while doing chores and the rest of the week we sit in bed and he watches videos, listens to music or reads magazines while I read or listen to audio books. We still get to be together and will sometimes stop what we are doing to chat about something or share something funny but we also get to do our own thing side by side.

Yet again, I am reading mostly ARCs this past week and this will probably continue for the next couple of weeks but then I will be able to get to some of my own TBR.  Speaking of which, I will be working on putting up my 2020 challenge post this week. Did you see my 2019 wrap up and stat/best book posts? While my TBR is overwhelmingly large, I am really actually very happy and satisfied with my reading life right now.  Looking at those stats, I have found a nice balance in my reading life that is so comforting without causing a reading rut. How do you feel about your reading life right now? Are you in rut or are you striving for a change or like me have you found a nice balance?

Today is a holiday for Munchkin and I, with the weather taking a cold turn, I think it will be a nice day to stay in and play a couple of games and read some books.

No comments:

Post a Comment