Saturday, November 2, 2019

Date Night with a Book: Secret Hunger by Satin Russell

Read for: Beat the Backlist/ RI Author

Synopsis: "Olivia, a café owner and cook, never regretted forsaking her dreams to finish raising her sisters after the death of their parents. Now grown, they've moved out of the house, leaving Olivia free to pick up where she left off — if she can find the courage to start over.


Mason is a Boston police detective, recuperating from a tragic incident that left his partner dead. All he wants is to heal and get back to the job of hunting the killer down. The last thing on his mind is romance.



Despite their mutual attraction, finding love wasn't in either of their plans. But as their relationship heats up, events begin to happen that make Olivia realize she’s drawn a far more sinister kind of attention. Suddenly, she finds herself fighting not only for her dreams, but for her very life."


My Review: Admittedly, I do not normally read thriller or suspense books, but with the addition of romance and Russell being a local author, I thought I would give it a shot. I was really drawn into the story and at times when I was alone had to put the book down because I got myself freaked out. I think that means that Satin Russell really got her point across in the atmosphere of the book. I adored the characters, Olivia is no dummy, she understands the danger and doesn't take unnecessary risks. She does chafe under the circumstance but I really liked her determination to see it through. Mason is a great hero, he has his flaws but he is definitely someone to lean on (and he comes with a fantastic sister). I really enjoyed the journey with Livvy and Mason even if I was a little spooked at times and am looking forward to the next book.

My Rating: I really enjoyed this book, it was a perfect mix of spooky thriller and romance.  Oh and the food!! I got such a craving for fall comfort food! I give it a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment