Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Review of The Missing Bookshop by Katie Clapham & Illustrated by Kirsti Beautyman

Read for: Recently Added

Synopsis: "Milly loves going to story time at her local bookshop. Mrs Minty is an encyclopedia of books and knows the perfect story for every occasion ... tales of mischievous children and faraway lands, magical beasts and daring adventures. But the bookshop is old and creaky, just like Mrs Minty herself. And then one day Milly arrives to find the shop gone. What has happened to Mrs Minty and her irreplaceable bookshop?

A warm and uplifting tale about the importance of stories.

Part of a range of simple stories for new readers, with beautiful colour illustrations."

My Review I picked this one up recently, I couldn't resist the cover. I went in knowing nothing about it other than I love the illustration style. I ended up absolutely loving this book and it is a must read for book lovers both young and old. It really brings out the importance of locally owned bookstores and what they mean to the community. It is a great story to share with the young readers in your home. It was easy to read, like a level 4 reader, with simple sentences and words and a lot of illustrations.

My Rating: I wasn't sure what this book would hold, I thought it was going to be a bit more of a mystery but while it wasn't what I expected it was ended up being so much more.  I give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment