Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Top 5 Wednesday: Series to Finish this Year

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.


So I am scheduling this a little in advance and at the time Sam is still on Hiatus, so I came up with my own topic.  This week I wanted to discuss the series that I still need to finish by the end of the year (at least the top 5 anyway).  Believe it or not we have just about 3 1/2 months left in this year and goodness knows I am going to need every second of that to squeeze in all the books I still want to read.   But here are the series I am focusing on finishing before the end of the year (in no particular order).


  
I read the first book in this series 2 years ago and was caught completely off guard, I loved it way more than expected.  Then I waited for the final book to come out, was super eager to binge all three, and yet here they are still waiting on my shelves.  The Queen of Blood was a perfectly atmospheric fall read and I think that October will be the month to binge this series.


  
  
I read the first four books in this series ages ago, then the last two books came out without me noticing.  I started re-reading the series this year so I can finally read those final two books, and guess what  . . .  I made it through book 4 and no further.  I really want to get to these last two books!



  
The covers on this series have been calling to me for a couple of years now and I finally gave in this year.  I absolutely loved book 1, struggled a bit in book 2 and fell back in love with book 2.5.  All that remains is the final book, and I think the reason I have been putting it off is because I finally fell back in love with Des after really not liking him in book 2 and I don't want to end the series not liking him, so I just haven't given it a chance.  But this will change, hopefully by the end of this month.


  
Like so many of my other fellow bloggers, I have been highly anticipating the conclusion to this series and now I have it in my hot little hands.  But it has been over a year since I read Godsgrave and I think I need a bit of a refresher, at least need to read the last few chapters before diving into this but it will happen before the end of the year!




  
This is another series that had taunted me from the Barnes and Noble shelves for a while before I gave in and brought them home.  I read the first book earlier this year and found it surprisingly easy to read and get into for such a large epic fantasy but haven't picked up the rest of the books yet.  Luckily the second book just had the audio book released this month so I can read it in all three formats to keep the pages turning.  It might be a long shot to get this series done by the end of the year, with each of the remaining books having between 688 and 800 pages, but this is a goal. 



Obviously these are not all the books I want to read by the end of the year but these are the series I am going to try to focus on completing.  Do you have any series you want to finish up this year?






No comments:

Post a Comment