Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Top 5 Wednesday: Books to Read Before 2019

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube.


This topic couldn't have come at a better time for me, because it has become clear that I will not be getting all the books read that I wanted to this year.  This weeks topic of the books that I want to read before the new year will help me prioritize my TBR for the next month or so. I have a lot of books that have been sitting on my TBR for over a year and others that are brand new and I want to read them all!  So here are 5 books that I really want to make a priority to read (other than the mountain of requested reviews I still need to complete).


The Phoenix Empress was just released on October 9th and after reading the 1st book, The Tiger's Daughter in July, I immediately pre-ordered this book.  I will be picking this one up later this week as Tome Topple kicks off.


I purchased the Forgetting Moon last year, it sounded like a really intriguing fantasy but with a page count of 800 pages, it has been sitting on my shelf taunting me. I just found out though that the second book in this series is releasing in early December, so I think it is time to pick it up.


The Storyteller is the 3rd and final book in the Sea of Ink and Gold series (The Reader) which I have been obsessed with this past year. This one is being released today and my pre-orders should be coming in shortly!!


Mammoth was another pre-order that just came in, it sounds like a contemporary romance that will really be enjoyable for me. I really am looking forward to something a little on the lighter side.


I had the pleasure of meeting Nancy Naigle last year and am excited to not only read this one but also an adaptation is premiering on Hallmark Movies on November 20th!



So there are 5 of the books that I really want read before the end of the year.  How about you? Any books you want to squeeze in before the year runs out?

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone ever finish all the books they want to read that year? If they do, I would like to know their secret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so true! I blame it on all the shiny new books that come out every year!

      Delete