Sunday, September 30, 2018

September 2018 Challenge Update & October TBR

While I did set a really ambitious TBR for a busy September, I am really happy with how well I did on it.  I have completed nearly all my challenges, which is super exciting. I did end up purchasing a lot of books this month between library sales, pre-orders and the Boston Teen Author Fest, I ended up adding 20 books to my shelves. I did manage to read 12 books purchased this year and unhauled 4 from that list as well. I am doing better than last year on this challenge but I want to do better.  I have looked at the list and of the 167 I have added to my shelves this year I have read or unhauled 91 books, leaving 76 to be read.  Of those 76 I know that 19 will be read next year as they are part of a series I am building up for next year's challenge. So that leaves 57 on my TBR pile for this year (so far).  While that is a completely doable number on its own, I have more coming in and other books to read.  By the end of next month I would really like that number to be under 50 if possible. 

Children's Book Challenge: COMPLETE
30 - 40 books
41. I am Jazz
42.  Mary, Who Wrote Frankenstein
43. Time to Get Started

Early Reader Challenge: COMPLETE
30-40 books
29. The Pumpkin Patch
30. Pete the Cat Goes Camping


Graphic Novel Challenge: COMPLETE
23-28 books

Audio Book Challenge: COMPLETE
28-32 books
51. Binti
52. Ash
53. Stalking Jack the Ripper

Classics Challenge: COMPLETE
5 books (1 re-read)
None


Series Challenge: COMPLETE
4 full series & 6 duologies
Memoirs of Lady Trent Series (5 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 3.5Book 4Book 5 - COMPLETE
Butler VT/Green Mountain Series (9 books & 2 novellas): (Books 1-3 read in 2017) Book 4Book 4.5Book 5Book 6Book 7Book 8 Book 9 - COMPLETE (currently through 2018)
Nevernight Chronicles (2 books so far): Book 1Book 2, - COMPLETE (currently through 2018)
Ree Verakai Duology (2 books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Kingdom of Wrenly (13 books so far): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 4Book 5Book 6Book 7Book 8Book 9Book 10Book 11Book 12Book 13 - COMPLETE (currently)
Compass Boys Series (4 Books): Book 1Book 2Book 3
Daughter of the Pirate King ( 2 Books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Six of Crows (2 Books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Mask of Shadows (2 Books): Book 1,
Sin du Jour Series (7 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2Book 1.5Book 3Book 4Book 5Book 6Book 7 - COMPLETE
Wayward Children Series (3 books currently): Book 1Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE (through 2018)
Girl from Everywhere Duology (2 books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
High Seas & High Stakes (2 books): Bind Up - COMPLETE
Assassin's Curse Series (2 books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
The Conqueror's Saga (3 books) - Book 1Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE


Requested Reviews:
No more than 25


TBR Challenge:
50-75 books that I already own as of 12/31/2017
41. Go Ask Alice
42. Stalking Jack the Ripper


Books Added to Shelves in 2018:
As I read the books I purchase this year I will add a link (I will also note the month they were purchased/ read)
1. Plague of Giants (Jan./April)
2. Moonsilver (Jan./ Jan.)
3. Silver Thread (Jan./Jan.)
4. The Silver Bracelet (Jan./ Jan.)
5. Mountains of the Moon (Jan./ Feb.)
6. Practical Magic (Jan./)
7. I Love My Love (Jan./ Feb.)
8. The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry (Jan./ Feb.)
9. Gods of the North (Jan./March)
10. We Have Always Lived in a Castle (Jan./Sept.) *
11. Life Changing Manga of Cleaning Up (Jan./Jan.)
12. Heart on Fire (Jan./ Jan.)
13.To the Sky Kingdom (Feb./ )
14. Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage (Feb./Feb )
15. Letters from Wolfie (Feb./March )
16. Ketchup Clouds (Feb./ )
17. Dead Man's Walk (Feb./ )
18. Luck Love and Lemon Pie (Feb./ ) UNHAUL
19. Beartown (Feb./ )
20. The Coincidence of Coconut Cake (Feb./ Feb.)
21. Listen, Slowly (Feb./March) - DNF
22. Ravenous (Feb./ ) - UNHAUL
23. Monstrous (Feb./March )
24. The Astounding Broccoli Boy (Feb./March )
25. Terrier (Feb./ )
26. Lonesome Dove (Feb./ )
27. As Brave as You (Feb./ March )
28. Smuggler's Run (Feb./Feb. )
29. The Lost Stone (Feb./March )
30. The Scarlet Dragon (Feb./ March)
31. Sea Monster (Feb./March )
32. Daughter of the Pirate King (Feb./May )
33. The Wolves of Winter (Feb./ May )
34. Heaven on Earth (Feb./ Feb. )
35. Into the Fire (Feb./ March)
36. Still Waters (Feb./April )
37. Red Sister (March/March)
38. Reflections of Yesterday (March/)
39. Sleeping Giants (March/May)
40. Heir to the Jedi (March/April)
41. Jedi Search (March/)
42. Heart of Iron (March/April)
43. Here Comes the Sun (March/April)
44. Hermes: Tales of the Trickster (March/ March)
45. The Witches Curse (March/March)
46. Emma's Dream (March/May)
47. Eko (March/June)
48. Star Wars: Moving Target (March/May)
49. Caging Merrow (March/)
50. The Fifth Season (March/)
51. His Dark Endeavor (March/)
52. The Traveling Cat Chronicles (March/July)
53. Greedy Pigs (March/ July)
54. Lustlocked (March/June)
55. Black Powder War (March/)
56. Throne of Jade (March/)
57. The Scandalous Mackenzies (March/)
58. The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (March/)
59. The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (March/)
60. Lady Castle (March/May)
61. Frankenstein Alive, Alive #4 (March/ Sept)
62. Frankenstein Alive Alive Trio (March/ Sept.)
63. Long Walk to Valhalla (March/April)
64. Hard to Serve (March/)
65. Mastering Her Senses (March/)
66. Theirs to Take (March/)
67. The Sapphire Affair (March/May)
68. The Joy of Less (April/May)
69. Nightblade's Vengeance (April/)
70. Circe (April/ May)
71. Tomorrowland (April/)
72. The Wolf (April/)
73. My Lady's Choosing (April/)
74. Sweet Dreams, Sweet Death (April/May)
75. Sky in the Deep (April/April)
76. Beyond the Darkened Shore (April/)
77. Defiant Heir (April/)
78. True North (May/)
79. The Sorting Room (May/ )
80. Lost Stars (May/ )
81. Down Among the Sticks and Bones (May/July)
82. Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day (May/August)
83. Frankenstein Dreams (May/)
84. The Belgaraid (May/)
85. The Rhode Island Short Story Club presents The Club (May/June) *
86. Death Sworn (May/)
87. Sherlock Holmes and the Army of Dr. Moreau (May/)
88. A Court of Frost and Starlight (May/May)
89. Prince of Persia (May/July)
90. Zenith (May/ )
91. In the Heart of the Sea (May/ )
92. The Queen of Sorrow (May/ )
93. I Capture the Castle (May/ June)
94. Cruel Prince (May/)
95. Onyx & Ivory (May/) Unhaul
96. Princesses Behaving Badly (May/)
97. Fight for Everything (May/)
98. Catching Stars (May/) Unhaul
99. Light as Air (May/)
100. Marriage Arrangement (May/May)
101. Furyborn (May/)
102. Sweet Tea & Sympathy (May/)
103. Half Drowned King (May/)
104. A Reaper at the Gates (June/June)
105. The Orphan Queen (June/ )
106. The Mirror King (June/ )
107. The Thief (June/ )
108. The Queen of Attolia (June/ )
109. King of Attolia (June/ )
110. A Conspiracy of Kings(June/ )
111. Pride's Spell(June/June)
112. Idle Ingredients(June/June)
113. Guardian of Whills(June/Sept. ) *
114. Such Wicked Intent(June/ )
115. The Girl From Everywhere(June/July )
116. The Ship Beyond Time(June/July )
117. And I Darken(June/August)
118. Frostbite(June/ )
119. The Assassin's Curse(June/August)
120. The Pirate's Wish(June/August)
121. Pirateology(June/July)
122. Polly and the Pirates: Vol. 1(June/July )
123. Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein(June/ )
124. Every Heart a Doorway(June/ July)
125. The Tiger's Daughter (July/July)
126. Grace & Fury(July/July) 
127. LifeL1k3(July/) Unhaul
128. Sweet Black Waves(July/) Unhaul
129. The Bird and the Blade(July/)
130. The Slow Regard of Silent Things(July/)
131. The False Fairy(July/July) 
132. The Sorcerer's Shadow(July/July) 
133. The Thirteenth Knight(July/July) 
134. Waking Gods(July/Sept.)
135. Alone(July/July) 
136. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone(July/) DNF
137. Now I Rise (July/Sept. )
138. Gunslinger Girl (July/)
139. The Pirate (August/August)
140. Unhooked (August/)
141. Bob (August/ Sept.)
142. George (August/Sept)
143. These Rebel Waves (August/) Unhaul
144. All Systems Red (August/)
145. Uprooted (August/)
146. Spinning Silver (August/)
147. Ruin of Stars (August/)
148. Peace Like a River (Sept./)
149. Lies of Locke Lamora (Sept./)
150. Red Seas Under Red Skies (Sept./)
151. Assassin's Gambit (Sept./)
152. Refugee (Sept./)
153. And The Ocean Was Our Sky (Sept./ Sept.)
154. Bright We Burn (Sept./ Sept.)
155. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Sept./)
156. Isle of Blood and Stone (Sept./)
157. Heretics Anonymous (Sept./)
158. None of the Above (Sept./)
159. Words We Don't Say (Sept./)
160. The Light Between Worlds (Sept./)
161. Misty Inn Collection Books 1-4 (Sept./)
162. Adventures of Laura and Jack (Sept./)
163. Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Sept./ Sept.)
164. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein (Sept/ Sept.) *
165. Escaping from Houdini (Sept/ )
166. Not Even Bones (Sept./)
167. Fierce Fairytales (Sept./)


March Reading Stats:
I read a total of 31 books this month
4,336 pages read and 1 day, 19 hours and 21 minutes of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read Less Books: I don't know the exact number I read last year but I think I read quite a few more this year (last September was insane).
2. Be More aware while reading: I definitely didn't make as many notations but did get a few in there, so again we will count it as a win.- CHECK
3. Read More Chunky Books (12 books over 450 pages in 2018): I managed to squeeze in 1 book over 450 but there were 2 more over 400.- CHECK
4. Use Library & Overdrive more: We haven't visited the library in person this month but I did borrow 4 ebooks & audio books that I do not own- CHECK
5. Purge & Re-organize shelves: I managed to unhaul 8 more books this month, some before they even hit my shelves (I had received them as a kickstarter reward) - CHECK


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually did pretty good on my TBR last month even though it was a little overly ambitious for this time of year.  I also managed to almost complete all Bibliophile Prints Girl Power Challenges. I also completed several of my own personal challenges and my Goodreads Challenge! October is my Blogoversary month so I am hoping to post a lot of fun giveaways and other posts instead of so many reviews, so I have scaled back my TBR.  We also have Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon coming up in October. I do also need to get started on books for Advent Reads, that is coming faster than I would like it too!


 Ruin of Stars by Linsey Miller
Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Opal
All Systems Red by Martha Wells
at least start The Greatcoats Series by Sebastian de Castell
Beneath the Same Stars by Phyllis Cole-Dai
Aversion by Kenechi Udogu
Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer
Fierce Fairytales by Nikita Gill
Mutts and Mistletoe by Natalie Cox
Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Theodore Roszak
Frostbite by Joshua Williamson
Boots on the Ground by Elizabeth Partridge
Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher
Hunting Prince Dracula and Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman




So what books are you reading in October? Any great atmospheric recommendations for Halloween and Autumn in general?




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look how many challenges you’ve already completed! Way to go! I don’t know how you read so many books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was a little surprised at how many I had already completed, guess I need to focus on just TBR and new purchase books.

      Delete