Wednesday, August 1, 2018

July 2018 Challenge Update & August TBR

Yikes! Summer is almost over already for me! We are already in August which is an especially busy month with vacation, our annual summer party, Munchkin's birthday party and Munchkin starting 1st grade! With preparing for everything coming up in the next few months, I was actually really surprised with how much reading I got done in July.  Shall we take a look?  (I am still really behind on reviews but I will list them all and add links to the books I have reviewed).

Children's Book Challenge: COMPLETE
30 - 40 books


35. Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse
36. It's Not Easy Being a Bunny
37. The Cookie Fiasco


Early Reader Challenge:
30-40 books


Graphic Novel Challenge:
23-28 books

Audio Book Challenge: COMPLETE
28-32 books

Classics Challenge: COMPLETE
5 books (1 re-read)
NONE


Series Challenge: COMPLETE
4 full series & 6 duologies
Memoirs of Lady Trent Series (5 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 3.5Book 4Book 5 - COMPLETE
Butler VT/Green Mountain Series (9 books & 2 novellas): (Books 1-3 read in 2017) Book 4Book 4.5Book 5Book 6Book 7Book 8 Book 9 - COMPLETE (currently through 2018)
Nevernight Chronicles (2 books so far): Book 1Book 2, - COMPLETE (currently through 2018)
Winternight Trilogy (3 books): Book 1Book 2
Unicorn's Secret (8 books): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 4
Ree Verakai Duology (2 books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Ixian Chronicles: Book 1
The Selection Series (5 books & collection of novellas): Book 1Book 2Book 3
Kingdom of Wrenly (13 books so far): Book 1Book 2Book 3Book 4Book 5Book 6Book 7Book 8Book 9Book 10Book 11Book 12Book 13 - COMPLETE (currently)
Compass Boys Series (4 Books): Book 1Book 2Book 3
Daughter of the Pirate King ( 2 Books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Six of Crows (2 Books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
Mask of Shadows (2 Books): Book 1,
Sin du Jour Series (7 books & 1 novella): Book 1Book 2Book 1.5Book 3Book 4, Book 5
Wayward Children Series (3 books currently): Book 1Book 2Book 3 - COMPLETE (through 2018)
Girl from Everywhere Duology (2 books): Book 1Book 2 - COMPLETE
High Seas & High Stakes (2 books): Bind Up - COMPLETE



Requested Reviews:
No more than 25
14. Fawkes
15. Adrian Simcox Does Not Have a Horse


TBR Challenge:
50-75 books that I already own as of 12/31/2017


Books Added to Shelves in 2018:
As I read the books I purchase this year I will add a link (I will also note the month they were purchased/ read)


1. Plague of Giants (Jan./April)
2. Moonsilver (Jan./ Jan.)
3. Silver Thread (Jan./Jan.)
4. The Silver Bracelet (Jan./ Jan.)
5. Mountains of the Moon (Jan./ Feb.)
6. Practical Magic (Jan./)
7. I Love My Love (Jan./ Feb.)
9. Gods of the North (Jan./March)
10. We Have Always Lived in a Castle (Jan./)
12. Heart on Fire (Jan./ Jan.)
13.To the Sky Kingdom (Feb./ )
15. Letters from Wolfie (Feb./March )
16. Ketchup Clouds (Feb./ )
17. Dead Man's Walk (Feb./ )
18. Luck Love and Lemon Pie (Feb./ )
19. Beartown (Feb./ )
21. Listen, Slowly (Feb./March) - DNF
22. Ravenous (Feb./ ) - UNHAUL
23. Monstrous (Feb./March )
24. The Astounding Broccoli Boy (Feb./March )
25. Terrier (Feb./ )
26. Lonesome Dove (Feb./ )
27. As Brave as You (Feb./ March )
28. Smuggler's Run (Feb./Feb. )
29. The Lost Stone (Feb./March )
30. The Scarlet Dragon (Feb./ March)
31. Sea Monster (Feb./March )
32. Daughter of the Pirate King (Feb./May )
33. The Wolves of Winter (Feb./ May )
34. Heaven on Earth (Feb./ Feb. )
35. Into the Fire (Feb./ March)
36. Still Waters (Feb./April )
37. Red Sister (March/March)
38. Reflections of Yesterday (March/)
39. Sleeping Giants (March/May)
40. Heir to the Jedi (March/April)
41. Jedi Search (March/)
42. Heart of Iron (March/April)
43. Here Comes the Sun (March/April)
44. Hermes: Tales of the Trickster (March/ March)
45. The Witches Curse (March/March)
46. Emma's Dream (March/May)
47. Eko (March/June)
48. Star Wars: Moving Target (March/May)
49. Caging Merrow (March/)
50. The Fifth Season (March/)
51. His Dark Endeavor (March/)
52. The Traveling Cat Chronicles (March/July)
53. Greedy Pigs (March/ July) *
54. Lustlocked (March/June)
55. Black Powder War (March/)
56. Throne of Jade (March/)
57. The Scandalous Mackenzies (March/)
58. The Stolen Mackenzie Bride (March/)
59. The Wicked Deeds of Daniel Mackenzie (March/)
60. Lady Castle (March/May)
61. Frankenstein Alive, Alive (March/)
62. Frankenstein Alive Alive Trio (March/)
63. Long Walk to Valhalla (March/April)
64. Hard to Serve (March/)
65. Mastering Her Senses (March/)
66. Theirs to Take (March/)
67. The Sapphire Affair (March/May)
68. The Joy of Less (April/May)
69. Nightblade's Vengeance (April/)
70. Circe (April/ May)
71. Tomorrowland (April/)
72. The Wolf (April/)
73. My Lady's Choosing (April/)
74. Sweet Dreams, Sweet Death (April/May)
75. Sky in the Deep (April/April)
76. Beyond the Darkened Shore (April/)
77. Defiant Heir (April/)
78. True North (May/)
79. The Sorting Room (May/ )
80. Lost Stars (May/ )
82. Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day (May/)
83. Frankenstein Dreams (May/)
84. The Belgaraid (May/)
85. The Rhode Island Short Story Club presents The Club (May/June) *
86. Death Sworn (May/)
87. Sherlock Holmes and the Army of Dr. Moreau (May/)
89. Prince of Persia (May/July)
90. Zenith (May/ )
91. In the Heart of the Sea (May/ )
92. The Queen of Sorrow (May/ )
93. I Capture the Castle (May/ June)
94. Cruel Prince (May/)
95. Onyx & Ivory (May/) Unhaul
96. Princesses Behaving Badly (May/)
97. Fight for Everything (May/)
98. Catching Stars (May/)
99. Light as Air (May/)
100. Marriage Arrangement (May/May)
101. Furyborn (May/)
102. Sweet Tea & Sympathy (May/)
103. Half Drowned King (May/)
104. A Reaper at the Gates (June/June)
105. The Orphan Queen (June/ )
106. The Mirror King (June/ )
107. The Thief (June/ )
108. The Queen of Attolia (June/ )
109. King of Attolia (June/ )
110. A Conspiracy of Kings(June/ )
111. Pride's Spell(June/June)
112. Idle Ingredients(June/June)
113. Guardian of Whills(June/ )
114. Such Wicked Intent(June/ )
115. The Girl From Everywhere(June/July ) 
116. The Ship Beyond Time(June/July ) 
117. And I Darken(June/ )
118. Frostbite(June/ )
119. The Assassin's Curse(June/ )
120. The Pirate's Wish(June/ )
121. Pirateology(June/July)
123. Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein(June/ )
124. Every Heart a Doorway(June/ July)
125. The Tiger's Daughter (July/July)
126. Grace & Fury(July/July) 
127. LifeL1k3(July/)
128. Sweet Black Waves(July/)
129. The Bird and the Blade(July/)
130. The Slow Regard of Silent Things(July/)
131. The False Fairy(July/July) 
132. The Sorcerer's Shadow(July/July) 
133. The Thirteenth Knight(July/July) 
134. Waking Gods(July/)
135. Alone(July/July) 
136. You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone(July/)
137. Now I Rise (July/ )
138. Gunslinger Girl (July/)



March Reading Stats:
I read a total of 32 books this month
5,011 pages read and 0 days, 19 hours and 30 minutes of listening


Resolutions Check in:
1. Read Less Books: I definitely read far more books this month than I did last year, oops - :(
2. Be More aware while reading: I have really been getting better at this, sometimes I am not able to sticky the physical books but I have been taking pictures of favorite quotes. Also buddy reading really helped this month too.- CHECK
3. Read More Chunky Books (12 books over 450 pages in 2018): Tome Topple finished up at the beginning of the month so I finished Tiger's Daughter at 500+ and then at the end of the month I finished the audio books for the Girl From Everywhere Series, both of which are 450+ books- CHECK
4. Use Library & Overdrive more: I borrowed 1 book that I did not own from the library but Munchkin has used the library like crazy with over 10 books!- CHECK
5. Purge & Re-organize shelves: I have started reorganizing some of my shelves this month and have collected most of my signed books on their own shelf. I have also been selling or trading a few books through Facebook, I may do a big #booksfortrade post here at the beginning of September to clear out my shelves a bit more. - CHECK


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really haven't stuck to my TBR in the last month but this month will probably be a little different since much of the time will be spent using audio books and on vacation so my selection will be somewhat more limited.  I also have a couple of Challenges and Readathons going on this month. First is the BibliophilePrints on Instagram has a month long readathon/challenge happening, and then Bout of Books is scheduled for the week of the 20th-26th (which coincides with vacation and summer party & munchkin's birthday so my participation will be limited and I won't be posting updates here, maybe on instagram depending on wifi). But anyway I still have a big ole stack of books to read in August!


 Ruin of Stars by Linsey Miller
Books 6 & 7 of the Sin du Jour Series by Matt Wallace
Seafire by Natalie C. Parker
The Assassin's Curse and The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
Isle of Blood and Bone by Makiia Lucier
Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle
Brave Enough by Kati Gardner
Sweep: The Story of a Girl and her Monster by Jonathan Auxier
World Mythology in Bite-Sized Chunks by Mark Daniels
Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day by Seanan McGuire
Letters to Sam by Daniel Gottlieb
Sierra by Ray K. Anderson
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon
The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White
The Conquerer's Saga by Kiersten White
The Queens of Renthia Series by Sarah Beth Durst


  What books are you reading this month? How are your challenges progressing? Any one you are going to focus on?




2 comments:

  1. I don’t know how you keep all your books straight, especially series, when you read so much. I read eleven books in July and started getting two stories mixed up in my head. August sounds nuts for you but I’m sure you’ll keep up your reading numbers. I love using overdrive for audiobooks. You should utilize it on your vacation. Have a great month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the series, I try to get my review done for one book before I start the next book so I don't get my thoughts on them mixed up and I can be more specific to each one. As far as getting them mixed up, I try to read different genres or at least very different subject matters to keep them separate. I love Overdrive and use it a lot now to download multiple formats of the same book so I can read a book constantly no matter where I am or what I am doing.

      Delete