Saturday, June 9, 2018

RI Author Month: Graphic Novel: Sour Grapes by Tim Jones

Welcome to RI Author Month



Synopsis: "SOUR GRAPES IS A COMIC ABOUT AESOP, A MISERABLY FUNNY DOG THAT CAN'T SEEM TO GET AWAY FROM THE MISFORTUNES OF LIFE, INCLUDING HIS COMPANIONS: MADDY, SLICE AND CONSTANCE, WHO JUST ADD TO THE PROBLEM. I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE FOLLOWING EPISODES!"

My Rating: I have been seeing Tim Jones at the RI Author Expo for a couple of years now, and his comics have been in the newspapers and online for years, but now he finally has a compilation in print for me to add to my shelves!  I love the classic illustration style of his comics.  Aesop is such a grumpy and cynical character, and I definitely could relate to a lot of his comments. Definitely an entertaining read.

My Rating: I don't normally read comic strips but this is one that I found entertaining and I enjoyed reading a bunch of individual strips combined into one book. I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.


You can find out more about Tim Jones and his comic on his Website or Facebook Page.


You can also obtain your own copy of Sour Grapes on his Website or you can obtain this book in print format on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love the classic Sunday cartoon strip style. Some of the comics now are just too complex for my taste.

      Delete