Saturday, June 23, 2018

RI Author Month: Graphic Novel Review of Common Ground: A Frontier Fantasy by Ryan Pancoast

Welcome to the RI Author Month


Synopsis: "One late afternoon, Summer Meadow hears a faint cry in the distance and slips away from her village unnoticed. What she finds stirs her adventurous spirit, leading her on a journey that will challenge the old beliefs of her family and tribe."

My Review: I just happened to stumble across this book recently while browsing Kickstarter, the support period had ended for this one but I was so fascinated that I had to order a copy for myself, and I do not regret that one bit!  This is a mostly wordless book that depicts a young girl and her courage in helping a youngster of another species find its family.  The illustrations in this book are stunning and they convey the story beautifully!  I really hope we see more from Ryan Pancoast in the future, in the mean time I plan to follow his art.

My Rating: I cannot believe my luck in stumbling across this gem! I can't help but give this a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!!


You can find out more about Ryan Pancoast and this book and his art on his Website.


As of right now I think you can only obtain this book directly from him through his website, it is worth every penny and the added benefit is that you can get it signed too!


This was a great lesson for me to look outside the normal 'bookish' community sites, places and events for amazing local books!

2 comments:

  1. The art looks beautiful and it looks like s great message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so stunning and the message is great! The website looks like there will be more books and I really hope so.

      Delete