Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Face Off: Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.


Friday Face Off was originally the brain child of Books By Proxy but you can check Lynn's Books the co-host for the most recent updates and topics.  The plan is to use the theme of the week and pick a book with different covers and pick the best.  I have been wanting to participate for some time but keep for getting, but when I saw this week's topic I knew I had to schedule the post right away.

This week's theme is Dinosaurs!

And I am already breaking the rules, the very first week because I instead wanted to take a Dinosaur book of the past with a Dinosaur book on this year's TBR.

So first we have the Dinosaur book of the past, with the sweet, helpful dinosaur utopia of Dinotopia


And now, currently on my TBR shelf for the year, the battle dragons of the Dinosaur Lords Trilogy
 




So the obvious difference is the herbivores and carnivores, they are obviously suited to different purposes, but if I recall correctly even most of the carnivorous dinosaurs in Dinotopia were friendly.  Dinotopia definitely holds a special place in my heart but I am looking forward to what appears to be a much darker read that is more my current preference with the Dinosaur Lords series.

So which covers do you prefer, judging by the cover would you pick any of these up? 






2 comments:

  1. The Dinosaur Lords series looks awesome! I’ll be looking forward to your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it look great, I have heard some readers didn't really enjoy it but I am still excited to read it.

      Delete