Friday, March 2, 2018

Bedtime Story: Scrambled Eggs Super by Dr. Seuss

Happy Dr. Seuss Day!!

This is one of my favorite days of the year to celebrate and often go all out with books, movies and snacks.  I hope that you and yours all had a great Dr. Seuss Day!!


Read for: Children's Book Challenge/ Dr. Seuss Day

Synopsis: "When it comes to scrambling, Peter T. Hooper isn’t content with just any old egg! He uses something extra special for his super-dee-dooper dishes!

This delightful book forms part of the second stage in HarperCollins’ major Dr. Seuss rebrand programme. With the relaunch of 10 more titles in August 2003, such all-time favourites as How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? and Dr. Seuss’ Sleep Book boast bright new covers that incorporate much needed guidance on reading levels: Blue Back Books are for parents to share with young children, Green Back Books are for budding readers to tackle on their own, and Yellow Back Books are for older, more fluent readers to enjoy. Scrambled Eggs Super! belongs to the Yellow Back Book range."

My Review: This is one of the few Dr. Seuss books I never read as a child, so it was exciting to be able to read this with Munchkin. Munchkin is big on cooking and especially likes breakfast so that was an added element of interest. It was a fun book to read, full of rhymes, classic made up names, and lots of tongue twisters to trip me up and give Munchkin a good laugh. It was a bit long and did take a couple of sittings to read but all in all it was an entertaining read, but not our favorite Dr. Seuss.

My Rating: I am thankful my In-Laws found an old first edition copy of this book as it was one I hadn't had in my collection before.  It was entertaining to read but wasn't our favorite Dr. Seuss book.  We give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.


Good Night! Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment