Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday: Nostalgic Book Boyfriends

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on Goodreads hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tome on Youtube.


So I am cheating a little bit with this topic, it was actually last weeks topic and I really struggled with coming up with a list originally so didn't post last week.  When I originally saw the prompt I was thinking we were supposed to pick book boyfriends from our earlier reading years (like Middle school and High School), I really couldn't pick any since by that point I was reading a lot of medical mysteries and thrillers and horrors (not much boyfriend material there).  But after seeing a few other posts I realized I didn't really have to go that far back, some readers were picking characters from even the past 5 years, many from books they read in their mid 20s, boy did that open up a whole lot more books since in my early 20s is when I branched out into some more romantic books than in previous years!


So anyway enough yammering on and on, how about we talk about these handsome literary hunks.




So I am starting with my earliest book crush and moving on towards the most recent ones.  The earliest crush I remember having on a book character was Red from the Saddle Club Series.  I honestly think it was mostly because he got to hang out in a barn all day long but eh what do you expect from a 9-12 year old girl!


In between I had a few other crushes, Alanna from the Song of the Lioness was probably my first bookish girl crush, and I was half in love with most of the characters in that series, of course Jonathan was one of them but I was totally on team George!



But the next one who really stands out is Geraint from the Paths to Camelot series, particularly For Camelot's Honor.  This really made me become obsessed with Arthurian Legends, not because of Arthur or Gwen but because of Geraint.


Immediately following that was Kerrec from the White Magic Series and again it is a man with horses, I am beginning to wonder if I am more in love with the horses or the men, I think a re-read may be in order to verify LOL!
  


Next we have one from a much more Adult series, I was and quite possibly still have a thing for Doyle from the Merry Gentry Series.  Be forewarned that this series is not for the faint of heart and is very, very adult due to explicit scenes with some very handsome men, but Doyle with is quite protector spirit has my heart!
 


Okay and now we move to my all time book boyfriend, he has been mine since I first read the book in 2009 and he is still mine! Yes he is mine and you can't have him LOL! That man is Brigan from Fire by Kristin Cashore. He is dark and brooding, yet honest and willing to see the otherside, he is protective and takes control of situations and is always there to lean back on. 





So there you have some of the book boyfriends I have acquired over the years and a few still remain in my heart! How about you?


1 comment:

  1. I haven’t heard of most of these. I think I liked Brigan but it’s been so long. I need to reread that one and Graceling and finally read Bitterblue.

    ReplyDelete