Sunday, April 9, 2017

Tome Topple Readathon Sign Up & Updates

It seems like it has been forever since I last participated in a Readathon.
 
I found the Tome Topple Readathon when it took place last fall but I wasn't able to participate that time, so I am really glad I am able to join this time around.  I discovered the Tome Topple Challenge through Sam at Thoughts on Tomes on Youtube and the Readathon is hosted as a Goodreads Group.
 
The goal for this challenge is to tackle the Tomes on your shelf, books over 500 pages.  There are a few challenges to help you along, but are not a requirement.  Those challenges are A) read 2 or more tomes, B) read a Graphic Novel, C) buddy read a tome, D) read a tome that is part of a series, and E) read an adult tome. The readathon takes place from April 7th at midnight until April 20th.  I will be updating at the bottom of this page with my progress every few days.
 
 
 
So here is my Tower of Tomes to be Toppled:
 
 
 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 652 pages
The Book Thief - 552 pages
A Court of Mist and Fury - 626 pages
The Sculptor - 496 pages (I know a couple pages shy but I already read Blankets)

I also have a couple others for backup:
Outlander - 896 pages
The Kingmaking - 574 pages




Are you participating in the Tome Topple? If yes what are you reading? If not what would be your tome choice? What chunky book do you find intimidating?
 

1 comment: