Monday, October 31, 2016

Monday Reading List




Its Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Share what books you have finished in the last week, are currently reading and what might be coming up next!




Reviews Posted Last Week:
Links will take you to my review

Pumpkin Day by Candice Ransom (Early Reader)
Howl for Halloween by Nickelodeon (Bedtime Story)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein by Pete Katz (Graphic Novel)
Dr. Frankenstein's Daughters by Suzanne Weyn
 
 Books Finished Last Week:
Reviews will be posted at a later date

Scorpio Races = 5pts
Twelve Days of Christmas = 3pts
Being Thankful = 1pt
Bone Sparrow = 3pts

 
Currently Reading:
 




 Books to be Read Soon:

Tale of Elske by Cynthia Voigt

 

Total Points Earned
    338 points + 12 points earned + 10 Points (10K pages) + 10 pts (complete Childrens challenge) = 370

Total Points Earned this Year: 2160
Total Points Spent this Year: 884

Pages Read/ Time Listened
261:25 (10 days 21 hrs 25 mins) Hours Listened (5:23 listened this week)
40,440 Pages Read (673 this week)

Books Added to Shelves



Interesting Tidbits on the Web:


 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Boy did last week catch me off guard and throw off my whole schedule! I had so many creepy and monstrous books planned to share with you leading up to Halloween, not to mention a book event/giveaway I had planned. Oh well, family comes first and Munchkin sure needed some care this last week. He came down sick on Sunday night, and I had to take him in first thing Monday. He ended up with double ear infections, strep throat that progressed into scarletina. Thank goodness our doctor was quick to give us antibiotics for him and he recovered quickly. 

We also had a little shake up with Hubby's work, as some of you who have been with me a while know, he works 2nd shift while I work days so it is a little rough on all of us not having time together. So this last week there was an opening put up for a day job, not an ideal one but a day job. He signed the bid, but due to seniority rules he could get bumped, which he did at the last possible minute someone signed it and booted hubby out of the job (someone mind you who already has a great day job). So that was so disappointing and really crushing to have been so close to being a normal family. Day shifts are rare to come available and you have to wait for someone to quit or retire for a position to open, and it doesn't look like another one will open for another 8 to 10 years. This was a really hard pill for me to swallow but life goes on and I just have to keep moving forward.

With that in mind, can you believe that it is Halloween today?! November starts tomorrow and I will be kicking the holiday planning into full swing. I am going to try to get ahead in my scheduling of posts because I have some really fun holiday plans and gift idea posts planned. Not to mention it is time to really start reading for my Advent Reads event in December.

Hope you all have a safe and fun Spooky Halloween tonight and a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got a hold of Munckin's sickness before it got too bad. That's scary. So sorry about your Hubby's missed job opportunity. That sucks. I hope you can still habe a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how fast he got sick and how quickly it worsened, but thankfully he is back to normal. It was a huge bummer that he missed that position but we just keep moving forward because there is no other way to go.

      Delete