Monday, July 4, 2016

Magic Tree House Monday: Book 22 - Revolutionary War on Wednesday

Welcome to Magic Tree House Monday!

Each Monday (other than when special events are planned) I will review one book of the Magic Tree House Series by Mary Pope Osborne.
 
Book 22 takes Jack and Annie back in time to a snowy evening in 1776, in fact it is Christmas Day and the day of an important mission during the Revolutionary War.  They must find something to send to save Morgan's Library.  They encounter a small troop being led by George Washington himself.
 

My Review: Another great book in the Magic Tree House series, I like how Pope has taken significant events in history but found the lesser known moments and stories to highlight. The facts at then end of the book are a great way to encourage young readers to learn more about the history in the story. Also, the characters are subtly changing and growing up, Jack is taking better notes, using sentences and making note of more significant information.
 
My Rating: I really enjoyed this book and how Pope chooses the lesser known moments in the big historical events.  I give this one a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag!
 
 
 
 
On a side note, I couldn't have picked a more perfect day for this review to land on.  Happy Independence Day America!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment