Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tasty Attempts: Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups

I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
So last month was the Dewey's Readathon and it was just Munchkin and I at home.  We needed a little reading break and a simple lunch.  I had found this recipe on Pinterest and liked how easy it was, no cooking involved!
 
 
Munchkin was a big helper and even though the recipe didn't call for it we added mushrooms, of course. (It was very cute, we were adding everything to the bowl and Munchkin stop and help up his finger "Oh I know! We need mushrooms!" and who was I to tell him no. They actually tasted pretty good).
 

He also had fun smearing the mix onto the tortillas, sprinkling the cilantro and rolling them up.

These little rollups made for a very nice little snack during the readathon.
 
 
Hubby wasn't a huge fan of them because he HATES cilantro, but I LOVE it, so Munchkin and I got all the leftovers to ourselves.  I will say that it made A LOT of roll ups.  We halved the recipe and it still made 8 full tortilla rollups.  It would make for a great appetizer for a fun Taco Night party!


4 comments:

  1. I love this idea of posting recipes. Those look yummy! Too bad your hubby hates cilantro. My family loves it! We like it on tacos, salads, and other fun things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I once saw an article about cilantro and it basically said you either love it or hate it and actually a vast majority of people surveyed hated it. I love it in everything I possibly can put it in and Munchkin hasn't said he doesn't like it so far either!

      Delete