Thursday, March 10, 2016

After Dark Review of Falling Softly by Jayne Rayon and Mari Carr

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 
Read For: Series Challenge & Mount TBR Digital
 
Synopsis: "Darkness has crept into Sterling Compton’s charmed life, relentlessly stealing what’s left of her grandmother’s memories. When she happens upon a compelling stranger leaning against a broken-down pickup in the middle of nowhere, grief and a gut-deep attraction spur her to take that too-safe life by the horns.

From the instant Sterling emerges from her Jeep, Viho is drawn to her carefree spirit. Her innocent offer of a ride turns into the ride of his life in his truck bed—and he forgets why he meant to avoid Compton Pass at all costs.

He should have known that karma was waiting to laugh in his face. Especially when Viho figures out Sterling’s father is the one who stood between him and the man he should have called “father”.

Yet it’s tough to hate someone who offers him a job. Especially when he and Sterling realize there’s a living tie on the way that will bind Viho to her family forever—if he can convince her she’s much more to him than an obligation.

Warning: Sometimes it’s hard to let go, but every story has an ending. This one has a Native American hero with a chip on his shoulder the size of Wyoming and a vulnerable heroine who has a gift for polishing up diamonds in the rough. Some scenes may tug heartstrings so hard it’ll hurt, but the oh-my-god orgasms make up for it."


My Review: This was a good conclusion to this series even though I did not want it to end. I have really enjoyed all the books so far and the characters were all unique and well developed but I felt I knew Sterling the least, I still feel like I don't know her as well as I should for having read a book with her as the MC. I enjoyed Viho but I did find him to be a little immature at times for what his age is supposed to be. The ongoing storyline with Vivi seems to take over the storyline a little, which I actually almost preferred, the family dynamics were great to read and feel. I am so sad to see this series ending, but I can go back and read the series of books featuring the fathers at least!
 
My Rating: I enjoyed this book for the series long storyline as opposed to the one set around Viho & Sterling.  I did think it make a good conclusion to the series and it was still very enjoyable to read.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment