Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tasty Attempts: Slow Cooker Angel Chicken

Last year I had started posting What's For Dinner. While I really enjoyed those posts, it was hard to keep up with a weekly post, especially since Munchkin is getting a little more picky about his diet and we are having a lot of repeat meals (sometimes the same thing several times a week). I still wanted to keep posting tasty recipes but include a little more variety (like the appetizers and desserts that I make for various parties). So I am now posting Tasty Attempts every other Tuesday. The posts will include a variety of recipes, maybe some of them turn out tasty, maybe others are failed attempts.
 
 
 
One of my goals this fall and winter is to take advantage of the crockpot. Heck we have 3 of them and it is always so simple just to throw everything in and let it cook all day while I am at work and have dinner nearly ready when I get home.  So I saw this recipe on Pinterest for Slow Cooker Angel Chicken.  Now as you all know by now, we LOVE mushrooms so we jump on any recipe that includes them, but what you may not know is that Hubby and Munchkin are obsessed with egg noodles. I always have to make extra because they devour them as soon as drained and before I can finish a dish or plate them.
 
 
 
This recipe included so many flavors we love that it was perfect.  My only complaint was that it took a little more prep time in the beginning than I expected, I am always rushed in the morning so I had to really rush to make the sauce to put in the crock pot.  With that said, it was a tasty dish and all of us enjoyed it!
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks good but I'm not a fan of egg noodles so I'd have to switch it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it would be great on a different pasta or even on rice.

      Delete