Thursday, August 14, 2014

After Dark Review of The Businessman's Tie by Deena Ward


I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)

 
Synopsis: "Part One of "The Power to Please," a dark, sensual series about shattering loss, redemption through transformation, and the miracle of selfless love.

Who knows where one night of passion might lead?

Recently-divorced Nonnie Crawford craves a new beginning -- it arrives in the form of an enigmatic, dark-eyed stranger she dubs The Businessman. He seduces her with a sizzling introduction to the thrill of submission. As the days pass, she can't forget him or the way he made her feel, so she seeks him out and soon finds herself at a BDSM club. There, she meets Michael Weston, a handsome, charming playboy who's keen to seize the reins left dangling by the absent Businessman.

Nonnie's ready to take chances ... perhaps too ready.

*Warning: adult material. Only purchase if it is legal for you to do so. This book contains explicit language and scenes of a sexual nature, including exhibitionism, S&M by secondary characters, and consensual domination and submission, which some readers may find objectionable.*"


My Review: I hate to say it but I was unimpressed with this one. It started out really great with an encounter in a bar, but after that things went down hill for me. The story seemed very choppy and didn't allow the story to develop. I had absolutely no connection with the characters and found Nonnie to be rather unintelligent. I was also unhappy with the conclusion but that is just a matter of opinion. I guess this just wasn't the book for me.
 
My Rating: Definitely not up to the level of books I am used to and I probably won't be reading more of this series.  I give it a rating of One Paw and a Stump Wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment