Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review of Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1 by HitRecord & Joseph Gordon- Levitt

 
Synopsis: "From hitRECord, the immensely popular open collaborative production company, and its founder, Golden Globe-nominated actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, comes The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1.

The universe is not made of atoms; it's made of tiny stories.

To create The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, known within the hitRECord community as RegularJOE--directed thousands of collaborators to tell tiny stories through words and art. With the help of the entire creative collective, Gordon-Levitt culled, edited and curated over 8,500 contributions into this finely tuned collection of original art from 67 contributors. Reminiscent of the 6-Word Memoir series, The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories: Volume 1 brings together art and voices from around the world to unite and tell stories that defy size."


My Review: Gosh I am so glad I purchased this book, but disappointed I didn't get the other volumes at the same time! This is such a unique concept, I am not even sure it really belongs as a Graphic Novel, but for lack of something better that is where I am listing it. The Tiny Book Of Tiny Stories kind of seems to me to be an updated adult version of Shel Silverstein's 'Where the Sidewalk Ends'. Each page has a short story, phrase or rhyme with a unique illustration to go with it. Each page evokes a different thought or emotion, some times you giggle and some times you just stop and ponder for a minute. I even considered keeping this one in my purse just to be able to pull out and look at occasionally.
 
My Rating: I absolutely adored this little illustrated collection of short stories.  I can't help but give it a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag and encourage you all to give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment