Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review of A Lifetime by Morris Fenris

 
Synopsis: " Lifetime is the story of a struggle. Of one man born into nothing and who fights to make his way through life, to leave the place of his birth -- a place of suffering and strife -- and to create a new life elsewhere. To find himself a wife, to start a family and to achieve the things he thought unachievable. It is a story of success, loss, delight and grief; a story of what it means to have everything and what it feels like to have nothing. It is also a story of the very special bond between a father and his daughter."

My Review: At first I thought I wasn't going to like it, the gentleman narrating the story (I don't believe we ever learned his name) sounded kind of self entitled and pompous. I understand he had a struggle to come from nothing but you never got the feel for that struggle only how proud of all the material things he now owned. That said though, the story really took a turn for the better when he met his future wife. The emotions that poured out of the story for the remainder were fantastic! I can also appreciate how the story ended as the next phase of his life was about to begin. I think with a little more cultivation of the struggles at the beginning of his life would be nice to fill out the story. It was a lovely story of the emotions of one man's life.
 
My Rating: Given the start I wasn't fond of this short story really wiggled its way in and ended beautifully.  I give it a rating of Three Paws.
 
 
A Lifetime was sent to me by the author for an honest review.
 
To find out more about Morris Fenris and his work please visit his Amazon Author Page.
 
You can purchase your own copy of A Lifetime in digital or print format on Amazon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment