Thursday, April 12, 2012

After Dark Review of Nothing But Trouble by Lisa Mondello

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)



Synopsis: "Melanie Summers, a feisty zoologist with big dreams, must spend a month in the Wyoming wilderness in order to satisfy a deal made with her father.


Stoney Buxton is a hard-driving cowboy with simple values who needs to raise quick money to save the family ranch. Re-entering the rodeo circuit seems like the best way to get the money he needs until Melanie Summers shows up at his ranch flashing easy money. To everyone else, her offer seems like the answer to all his prayers. But one look at her long legs and pouting lips and Stoney know this high society gal is going to be nothing but trouble for his cowboy heart."



My Review: I really enjoyed the characters in this book! Melanie is so strong and determined, even with all the hardships and struggles. I think Mondello did a good job of showing that money doesn't always make everything perfect or easy. Stoney, oh Stoney proof that men aren't simple creatures, they are just as complicated as women, just don't show it. I enjoyed revisiting the Wyoming wilderness that I grew up with and watching it teach lessons to both Stoney and Melanie, nature has a way of forcing you to face your demons.        

My Rating: This was a book that I enjoyed reading and didn't put down till it was done. It earns a rating of Four Paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment