Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Book Club Review: Christmas Jars by Jason Wright


Synopsis: "Where had it come from? Whose money was it? Was I to spend it? Save it? Pass it on to someone more needy? Above all else, why was I chosen? Certainly there were others, countless others, more needy than me...

Her reporter's intuition insisted that a remarkable story was on the verge of the front page.

Newspaper reporter Hope Jensen uncovers the remarkable secret behind the "Christmas Jars", glass jars filled with coins and bills anonymously left for people in need. But along the way, Hope discovers much more than the origin of the jars. When some unexpected news sets off a chain reaction of kindness, Hope's greatest Christmas Eve wish comes true."


My Review: Wow, what an emotional book! It had me bawling the entire way through it! It may not have been the best written book but it hits where it counts. The characters are what really counts, you instantly love each one of them. Even though it is a fictional tale it still gives you hope that there is good people out there and that the spirit of Christmas hasn't been completely lost. It shows that one kind act leads to another and another, it makes me hope that each time I smile at someone or say please and thank you or hold a door open for someone that maybe that small kindness is turned around and given to someone else. A great Christmas story and lesson that we should all read to bring us back home.


My Rating: This was a great book, even if I wasn't in a rush to read it for book club I still don't think I could have put it down.  I give it a rating of Four Paws.





Rhodie Reader Thoughts: Well due to the insanely busy holiday month no one was able to come to book club, but I did discuss it online with a few of the readers, and we agreed it was a fantastic tear jerker!  I think this will be a must read for every Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I actually enjoying reading books that make you cry the whole time. ;) Sorry no one could show to book club. I'm afraid the one I go to is going to be small in numbers this month too. :( Blame it on the holidays. I'm glad you found a good Christmas story, though. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree, a good cry book is needed from time to time and this definitely fit the bill!

    ReplyDelete