Tuesday, December 6, 2011

After Dark Review of A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton

I have added After Dark Reviews to my blog as a way of notifying you of a review of a book with Adult themes and scenes. From now on I will keep my reviews of all books I read that have explicit scenes in them for late night posts for those of you who prefer to avoid them or easy to find for those of you who seek them out ;)
 

Synopsis from Goodreads: "My name is Meredith Gentry, but of course it’s not my real name. I dare not even whisper my true name after dark for fear that one hushed word will travel over the night winds to the soft ear of my aunt, the Queen of the Air and Darkness. She wants me dead. I don’t even know why."

Meredith Gentry, Princess of the high court of Faerie, is posing as a human in Los Angeles, living as a P.I. specializing in supernatural crime. But now the Queen’s assassin has been dispatched to fetch her back–whether she likes it or not. Suddenly Meredith finds herself a pawn in her dreaded aunt’s plans. The job that awaits her: enjoy the constant company of the most beautiful immortal men in the world. The reward: the crown–and the opportunity to continue to live. The penalty for failure: death."


My Review: Well that was just as good the second time around (I think I saw 3:00am and still had to get up for work)! I have been kind of missing Merry and all the guys, even Frost and all his emotional baggage. So I decided to re-read the entire series. I have to say, even though I know what is going to happen, I still felt the build up and suspense throughout the book! I normally don't appreciate super detailed description because I feel they take away from the book but the descriptions Laurell Hamilton gives us of each of the characters seems to add so much to it (and makes me want to make ponies of each of them). Be forewarned this book is full of blood, guts, sex, and danger. Also lots of eye candy for your imagination and court intrigue. Love this book! Can't wait to start the next one asap (maybe I will have to just call out of work for a few days like I did last time)!

My Rating: It is rare to find a book or a series of books that you can visit and revisit over and over again and still enjoy them.  I can't help but give Kiss of Shadows a rating of Four Paws and a Stump Wag it really sets the stage for the whole series and drags you into it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment