Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review of Hearts Aflame by Johanna Lindsey



Synopsis: "Kristen Haardrad met the icy fury in her captor's crystal-green gaze with defiance. She was the prisoner of Royce of Wyndhurst, but his slave she'd never be. This powerful Saxon lord had at last met his match in the Viking beauty - his equal in pride, in strength...and in the fierce, hot hunger of insatiable desire. But Kristen could not know the torment that divided his soul; how he ached to hold her soft, supple body, thirsted for the ringing joy of her laughter - yet hated her for an ancient crime that was not her own.

But her golden loveliness drives him mad with desire, her fiery eyes taunting him, compelling him to claim her. Until, in wordless surrender, they cast aside the shackles of doubt and distrust to unite forever in the searing promise of all-consuming love"


My Review: So I have something to confess to, I have a major soft spot when it comes to Vikings and Norsemen and Norsewomen! I absolutely loved this book! Kristen is such a strong woman, doesn't show weakness and makes those in charge feel like they are in charge even though she is really calling the shots. I also loved all of her friends and family, it was great to see those close family bonds. Royce, wow what to say about Royce, I enjoyed reading his character and really fell for him even with his rough and hateful exterior. I really enjoyed the little spats between Kristen and Royce, you could feel the hatred yet attraction through their interactions. Granted it was an ending you would expect but you still loved every minute of the tale.        

My Rating: This was an exciting book that I couldn't put down so I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!

No comments:

Post a Comment