Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Poetry Pause: How Do I Love Thee? By Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I am working in the poetry section of my own 2011 Reading Challenge. I had planned on posting the poems for you to join me in reflecting on them; however, I am not entirely certain on the copyright laws regarding some of the poets we will read. So to be on the safe side I decided to try to link you to the poem I will be reading.

Another option, if you are looking to purchase a book of poetry, I suggest Half Hours with the Best Poets (Barnes & Noble or Amazon)





This is a fantastic collection of poems, nearly all of my top poems are in this one book!




So the next poem is
 
The title link with take you to the poem
 
"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."
 
A classic and beautiful love poem. It is often so hard to find a way to describe how much we love someone. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was able to express the magnitude with which she loves in life and beyond. A love that powerful has no limits and it is only a hope that we all get to experience that love.
" I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!"
Simply stated and with all the ring of truth, so beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment