Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review of Warcry by Elizabeth Vaughan

Synopsis: "All is not well in Xy. There is a faction of nobles who are plotting against the Queen and her barbarian warlord. As cultures clash and tempers flare, Heath and the fierce Plains warrior woman Atira of the Bear must come together to fight the conspiracy... and to search their hearts for something deeper than raw passion."

My Review: I was a little leery when I started this book because it kind of left the main characters of the last three books of the series, which I loved. I was pleasantly surprised though when I read Warcry. Due to the great character development throughout all the books I felt that I already knew and loved both Heath and Atira, I was also pleased that all the characters from the previous books also played a large roll in this one. I also enjoyed the shift from danger of wars and weapons to the subtleties of the courts and lords. I think I have definitely found a new favorite author!

My Rating: I loved Warcry, not quite as much as I loved Warlord or Warprize but it was still an excellent book and I have to give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag. It feels as though it is left open for another book so we will have to see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment