Saturday, June 11, 2011

Bedtime Story: The Very Hungry Caterpillar


Synopsis from Goodreads: "Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a perennial favourite with children and adults alike. Its imaginative illustration and clever cut-out detail charts the progress of a very hungry caterpillar as he eats his way through the week."

My Review: This is one of those books that has and will continue to stand the test of time. I remember growing up my brother would constantly check this book out of the library (I don't think any of the other kids his age got to read it because he had it so much). It is a great book that has a little message about eating your fruits and veggies instead of junk food. The pictures are great, I love the patchwork designs and the little holes are great for kids to play with and use their imagination.

My Rating: This is a definite Four Paws book! A much loved book for many people all over the world and all through the generations.

2 comments:

  1. Now THIS is a very relatable character! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe every kid should know they will turn into beautiful butterflies if they eat their greens and not junk food!

    ReplyDelete