Friday, May 20, 2011

In My Mailbox - #5 & Bedtime Story: Green Eggs & Ham

   In My Mailbox is a weekly event hosted by The Story Siren that I have decided to participate in.

How IMM works:
Make your own IMM post! You can post about books you've bought, gotten from the library, received for review... books don't have to arrive via your mailbox. 
I post every week, but you don’t have to. You can do one week out of the month or every other week it’s up to you. 
You don't have to call your post In My Mailbox... (some people don't even have mailboxes!)
I post my IMM on Sunday, but choose a day of the week that works for you.
Once you have your IMM posted, come back to The Story Siren on Sunday and add your link to the list. 
Try to post a comment on other bloggers IMM posts. I don’t expect you to post a comment on every single one, but pick a few!

All book bloggers are welcome, while I’d like to keep the theme to YA literature it’s NOT a requirement.

There is no right or wrong way to do In My Mailbox, you can vlog, you can take fun picture, you can use the books cover art, it’s up to you!

Most importantly HAVE FUN!



I got nothing in my mailbox this week, but I did download a couple of books onto my Nook to finish up the series I was working on.  I have already posted the reviews of all of them too so you can check out my other posts this week for the synopsis of each of them.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now a little Friday night bedtime story . . .

Green Eggs & Ham by Dr. Seuss



Synopsis from Goodreads:  "Back in 1957, Theodor Geisel responded to an article in Life magazine that lamented the use of boring reading primers in schools. Using the pseudonym of "Dr. Seuss" (Seuss was Geisel's middle name) and only 223 words, Geisel created a replacement for those dull primers: The Cat in the Hat. The instant success of the book prompted Geisel and his wife to found Beginner Books, and Geisel wrote 44 books in this series. These affordable hardcover books combine large print, easy vocabulary, and large, bright illustrations in stories kids will want to read again and again. Grades 1 - Grades 2."

My Review:  Well who doesn't love Green Eggs & Ham?!  This was one that was read to me so many times I didn't really need to read it again, I could recite it from memory.  It has a fun lesson for kids to try new things (including green things) wrapped up in the rhymes of Dr. Seuss. Green Eggs and Ham isn't my favorite Dr. Seuss but its one that I can actually read out loud without getting my tongue tied in knots!

My Rating:  Me, Niko & Valerie all decided to give it Four Paws! The great classic illustrations, fun colors and unique combinations (Goat in a Boat?!) make it a great book for kids of all ages!



Goodnight, Sweet Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment