Friday, May 27, 2011

Bedtime Story: Curious George

Time again for a bedtime story on Friday night. 


Curious George by H.A. Rey

Synposis from Goodreads: " The first adventure in this highly popular series tells how the little monkey Curious George, caught in the jungle and brought back to the city by a man in a yellow hat, can't help being interested in all the new things around him. Though well meaning, George's curiosity always gets him into trouble. Young readers can easily relate, and Rey's cheerful illustrations celebrate Curious George's innocence."

My Thoughts: A great classic book every child should remember! Now that I re-read it I have to remind myself that it was written in 1941! So many kids have loved this book. I remember when I was little after my mom read this book to me and then later to my brother I decided I was going to work in a zoo or foster baby wild animals.  The colors and the artwork in Curious George attract children's eyes and all the trouble he gets into can be used to remind kids what not to do.

My Rating:  While I enjoy Curious George and definitely respect its long standing time as a favorite, Curious George wasn't my favorite.  I give it a rating of Three Paws and I will read this to kids in my life!




Sleep Good and Sweet Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment